CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Have a Merry X-mas or Yule Be Sorry

Hey all been takeing it easy I got another month off work and then I should be back to work.  Otherwise I havent been on much cuase of the holiday's and some close friends just had a baby if ya wanna see him he cute as hell just go to http://web.mac.com/jecroft and click on the Alixzander Boyd Croft section. So anyways I've been taking it in this holiday season cause I will probally not have this much time off again until I retire and i'm really enjoying myself.  Yet the same old holiday annoyances have reared their head along with some new ones.

First would it kill the stores to wait till mid November to put up x-mas stuff.  Why o why must I see it right after Halloween.  I any of you are buy decorations that early you shoudl be beaten like a naughty child.  Then there is the music. I love alot of X-mas music, not much of the kids stuff though,  but store just can't wait to try to put us in the mood to shop.  It's like they are trying to trick us into think that its already December and we only have 3 weeks to shop.  WAKE UP PEOPLE ITS JUST BARELY DECEMBER!!!.  So by the time Christmas/Yule comes round I'm so sick I could spit fire. 



Second is that store have diverted from saying "Merry Christmas" and have chosen to say "Happy Holidays"  as they say that Christmas is mainly a Christian holiday. While that is true Christmas in this day for me has gone beyond religion and has taking on a meaning for me that means love and peace of all.  If you say soemone has the Christmas Spirt I take it as they have a the spirit of giving, family and love.  Why must we turn it into another religion battle we have plenty of time during the rest of the year to argue that why can we spend at least this month loving each other and make up for all the horrible shit we're going to say and do to each other this next year.




Nest is more personal for me and that is the Christmas Shuffle I like to call it. Which is the run around  some people make when they have more then one family to visit on Chistmas because you can't get both familes together.  I mean it is impossible to get my inlaws in with my family and since I have a child both sides act like that make me obilgated to spend time with them n xmas and I love to but I hate the fact that I have to figure out how, and it usally means running from on house to another more then once.like spending x-mas eve at my parents and the wifes and decieding who gets more time.  Then X-mas morning spend early morning with the inlaws then leave go to my parents and leave after dinner and go back to inlaws for a later x-mas dinner.   I mean why, why do I and countless other have to do this.  So do what I did tell them they have to deal with only see use everyother  year or come up with another plan.  and so this year we are gonna spend x-mas eve with my parents and x-mas day with my inlaws I say its fair both get uninterrupted time with us and no running around.  So this year make it about you and family not just about the family if you feel rushed then you aint gonna enjoy yourself.



and lastly is some people have turned up there noses to the classic Santa phrase "HO, HO, HO"  saying that the word "HO" has a relation to a prostitute and to have a beloved childrens character shouting out the term for hooker would be wrong and instead Santa shoudl say HA HA HA.  To anyone who believe this bullshit just stay home please don't come out this Christmas because your what we like to call an Idiot. To imply that Santa is calling to his whores like he is some kind of Noth Pole Pimp is stupid and if anything is a joke for adults and adolescent boys. 



So what I'm saying is drop all your  negativity people this season and spend time with those that are important to you.   Don't let corperate America, picky family, and religion ruin your fun.  
 

HO HO HO, Merry  Christmas
TINK  

0 comments: